- Responsible for abstracting & coding outpatient medical records as per ICD-9 CM and ICD-10 CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding guidelines
- Responsible for coding in outpatient, APC (same day), and ER records
- Review patient histories, operations, chart reviews, consultation and discharge summaries to support codes selected for billing
- Code and review the set up target for outpatient charts on a daily basis with 98% quality
- Query the physician regularly for clarifications in the outpatient medical record document
- Identify document deficiency in reports
- Enter coding information into electronic billing system
- Attend client calls if require along with supervisor
- Research on outpatient coding updates and guidelines
Outpatient Coder Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year experience in outpatient coding
- 1– 2 years experience in respective OP domain –with sound domain knowledge
- Good understanding & knowledge on outpatient rules and regulations, etc.
- Trained on OPPS rules and guidelines
- Experience in outpatient coding in outpatient hospitals and physician medical billing offices for accuracy of coding guidelines
- Experience in Emergency Room coding of which has included E/M with application of appropriate modifiers to coding guidelines
- Experience in Ambulatory (Same Day) Payment Classification/ (APC’s) coding for surgical coding in Outpatient facilities
- Thorough knowledge in ICD-9 official & CPT manual coding guidelines
- Proficient with MS office application, & electronic medical record systems etc.
- CCS-P, COC, outpatient coding certification is an added advantage
- Logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Good communication, organizational, and presentation skills
About GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is a leading offshore provider of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and health information management (HIM) Solutions. Our in-depth healthcare industry expertise enables us to provide end-to-end solutions to successfully resolve our clients’ billing challenges, while embracing their overall business operations. GeBBS delivers a world-class infrastructure of highly skilled professionals, robust processes, and proprietary workflow engines. This makes us an ideal partner for our clients.
We provide strategic outsourcing solutions to medical billing companies and healthcare providers. By leveraging our people, processes and technology, we enable clients to reduce operating and capital costs, recover revenue, improve patient satisfaction, and increase productivity. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is an eight-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.